RUBY VS PYTHON. SHORT COMPARISON
Nov 03 2020
Python and Ruby are two of the most successful examples of the latest generation of high-level languages based on simplicity and providing the developer the opportunity to get things done quickly instead of syntax complexity and strict hierarchy.
Let's start our review with Ruby. Ruby's primary goal is to combine functional and imperative programming styles to make software development easier.
Ruby's popular web application framework is called Ruby on Rails. Rails philosophy lies in two principles:
- Convention over configuration, which means a developer only needs to specify unconventional aspects of the application.
- YAGNI It means implementing features that are needed now and avoiding writing the code for features that will be necessary for the future.
Famous pages built with rails are
Let's summarize Ruby's main characteristics:
- It’s a high level, object oriented language
- Interpreted and human centric language
- Uses closure's blocks, procs and lambdas
- Ruby on Rails is one of the most popular frameworks
- Its principles adhere to Agile methods
It's time to move on to Python, named for Monty Python (British surreal comedy troupe). It is a cross platform language available under FCF and OSI license.
Python follows an approach called Zen of Python. The motto is represented by a list of principles such as Beautiful is better than ugly. Explicit is better than implicit. Simple is better than complex. Readability counts and others. Readability is extremely crucial to Python syntactic principles.
Famous projects built with Python:
Let's now review the main characteristics of Python:
- Also high level, general purpose language
- Practically used for data and heavy platforms
- Interpreted scripting language
- Easy learning
- Powerful Django framework
- Readable, simple and flexible
We’ll closely compare Ruby vs Python:
Which is a better choice?
Both Ruby and Python provide excellent frameworks, have open and strong communities and are widely spread. It’s no use to tell which one is “better” because they serve different goals. Our team comes to a conclusion that Python is the obvious choice for developing complex, database driven applications. Whereas Ruby is perfect for startups and quick development. We hope our review helps you understand their major differences.
How Can You Build a Hot Dating App like Tinder, Badoo, or Happn? Monetization & Pro TipsExamples & Features of E-learning Apps in 2021On-demand Food Delivery Platforms — Types, Features, and MonetizationWhat Is a CRM in Real EstateA Complete Guide to Enterprise Mobile Application Development in 2021How a Gym CRM System Can Boost Your Health Club to New Ground10 Fitness Industry Trends for 2020–2021
GOT AN IDEA? LET'S DISCUSS!
Share your project’s scope, timeline, technical requirements, business challenges, and other details you consider necessary. Our team will study them and contact you soon. Let’s make an exciting product together!