10+ USEFUL HTML TAGS THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW
Apr 26 2021
We all know about HTML, it helps us structure the content, there are a lot of tags that help us quickly develop a web application, as well as some tags that we will never be able to use because we don't know about its existence. Here I list a few html tags that may be useful to you at some point in your web development career. If you know any interesting tags, let me know. Hopefully this list will help you in some way, happy coding
1. address element The address element is a container element which is used to represent contact information or group contact information together.
2. data element The data element links a given content with a machine readable translation. The data element has one attribute, value, which specifies the machine readable translation. By default the value is not visible to the user.
3. bdi element (Bi Directional Isolation) The bdi element tells the browser to treat the content inside the bdi element differently, with respect to the directionality.
4. datalist element The datalist elements contains a set of option elements. datalist can be used to create auto complete function for input elements in HTML.
5. bdo element (Bi Directional Override) The bdo element overrides the current text direction of the text enclosed in the bdo tag, i.e. the text enclosed inside the bdo tag will have a direction specified by the dir attribute of the bdo tag.
6. kbd element(Keyboard Input Element) The kbd element is an inline tag which represent user input from a keyboard or any other text entry device. By default kbd use a monospace font.
7. mark element The mark tag is used to highlight text content, it's an inline element.
8. progress element The progress element shows a progress bar, which take two properties max and value.
9. sub element (Subscript) The text enclosed in sub element cause the text to be displayed as a subscript
10. var element The var tag is used to represent the name of a variable in a mathematical or programming expression.
11. wbr element (Word break Opportunity) When we enter a lengthy text the browser automatically add line breaks to keep the paragraph's width under a specified limit, you can use the wbr element to indicate the browser the idea position to break the line.
12. abbr element (Abbreviation) The abbr element represents a abbreviation, which have an optional title attribute where we can place the expansion for the abbreviation. This is the replacement of the element, acronym element is supported by some browsers.
13. pre element The pre element represents preformatted text, the browser will displays the text as in the same order as written in the html code and the white space is not ignored.
14. q element The q element is used to represent short inline quotation, cite is used to represent the reference of the quote. For long quotations use blockquote element.
15. samp element The samp element is used to represent inline sample output from a computer program. Monospaced font is used by browser by default.
If you find any errors please comment, any additional knowledge regarding this topic is welcomed. If you like this post take a look at my other posts, thank you.
GOT AN IDEA? LET'S DISCUSS!
Share your project’s scope, timeline, technical requirements, business challenges, and other details you consider necessary. Our team will study them and contact you soon. Let’s make an exciting product together!