People love receiving and giving flowers. But visiting multiple shops in search of a perfect bouquet is exhausting. Luckily, flower delivery apps are here to help. How do you build a florist app that users will love? Let's find out!
The culture of online shopping is constantly progressing, and flower delivery apps are among the latest trends. How can a customer benefit from using an advanced delivery application?
- Same-day Delivery. Bringing an order within hours is one of the top services in the floral business.
- Anytime Delivery. It’s worth creating an on-demand flower delivery application that works 24/7 and offers customers to choose the day and time.
- Stylish Decoration. We advise you to hire excellent florists to design and arrange bouquets. Also, make your flower delivery customized and let your clients choose personalized messages, additional cards, gifts, etc.
- All in one place. Customers don’t have to visit many flower shops; they find everything in your app and choose between the best offers.
- Tracking Options. Safety and efficiency are highly important when it comes to delivery services of any kind. Clients should be able to watch via a flower delivery app.
- Saving Time. Such services become popular as people are often too busy to go to a shop physically. There is nothing simpler than ordering beautiful flowers via a user-friendly app.
A flower delivery app may function in different ways depending on its type.
An aggregator flower delivery app works with multiple shops, distributors, and suppliers. They pay for registration on a platform and make their products and services available for customers who choose the nearest location and the best option. Flower delivery aggregators don’t produce or sell their own goods; they only provide other businesses with a smoothly working, user-friendly platform.
A dedicated flower delivery app is built for a certain company or shop. Some of them combine a dedicated app with a mobile website. The company controls all tools and processes within their app. Custom design gives it lots of advantages and helps promote the brand more effectively.
According to ReportLinker floral market research, on-demand flower delivery services are at peak now. Customers appreciate the convenience, safety, and excellent quality. There are several other trends including:
- Personalized experience. A flower delivery app succeeds if applies features like a user profile with purchase history, getting clients to witness the process, personalized offers, etc.
- Subscriptions. Weekly or monthly deliveries become an excellent idea for gifting or home decoration. Customers love season flowers, time-saving advantage, and the surprise element that comes with a subscription.
- Florists experimenting. Whether they create new ways of the arrangement, use resilient sorts of flowers, or make ikebanas, it becomes increasingly popular with customers.
Decide what kind of features you’re going to implement. Remember that your app should be easy-to-use and time-saving. We suggest the following features for a flower delivery app:
- Real-time map – tracking option is essential for building clients’ trust and loyalty.
- Social login – registration via social media is often the fastest and most convenient way for customers to start using your app.
- One-click payment systems – use the most popular ones, like credit/debit card, PayPal, Stripe, ApplePay, GooglePay, etc.
- User experience design – makes ordering accessible, and customers are more likely to stay with your brand.
- Database for fast querying – it’s important to provide smooth functioning for each user, however large your audience is.
- Encrypted and protected user data – your app’s safety means customers will be more willing to download it.
Designers and developers work with a set of models and technologies based on up-to-date standards provided by the florist industry and a particular vendor. The development team applies various types of technology to achieve all possible features of web or mobile apps. We’ll give some examples:
- Cloud Environment – AWS
- Database – MySQL, MongoDB
- Frontend iOS Development – Swift, React Native
- Frontend Android Development – Android studio (Java)
- UI/UX design – HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Real-Time Data – Google Analytics, Big Data, Apache
- Push Notifications – Push.IO, Twilio
- Payments – PayPal, Stripe, Braintree
How much is it to develop a florist app? The answer depends on many factors:
- technology type and complexity (platforms, third-party integrations);
- functionality (basic or advanced);
- location and brand value of the development company;
- developers’ team size and experience;
- UI/UX design and development;
- customization for your brand’s requirements and specificities.
If you’re looking for the most reasonable quality-price ratio, we suggest hiring an app development team in Eastern Europe. It will cost about $20 000 to $25 000 depending on the abovementioned parameters.
You should study your target audience and popular occasions for purchase.
- Self gifting (60% of customers are women buying flowers for themselves)
- Personal gifting (about 40% of customers)
Consider this statistic when you start your own flower delivery app. The better you know your potential clients, the more opportunities you have to implement personalized features and provide an excellent user experience.
According to the IBIS survey, the USA florist industry generated $60 billion in 2019, and revenue keeps on growing nowadays. ReportLinker prognoses for 2020-2025 that the floral industry will have an annual 5% increase in America alone. The research also says that companies benefit the most from letting their customers order via websites and mobile apps.
ReportLinker prognoses for 2020-2025 that the floral industry will have an annual 5% increase in America alone. The research also says that companies benefit the most from letting their customers order via websites and mobile apps.
Having a brilliant idea isn’t enough, and you need to analyze the whole industry as well. How did your competitors survive and get ahead? Let’s discover the five most successful flower delivery apps.
1-800-flowers. It’s an American company working since 1982 and one of the first retailers that started using hotlines, Internet marketing, chatbots, and delivery apps. Today, they bring flowers and gifts from reliable brands.
Haute. According to Good Housekeeping research, this British florist company offers the best delivery services in the UK. Flowers in bouquets perfectly match up to photos and descriptions on the website. The company also provides a helpful user interface, tracking options, and free next-day delivery.
Bloom & Wild. This British company provides the smoothest process of order and delivery via a website and a free app. They offer so-called “letterbox flowers”, pre-arranged bouquets, and international delivery to several European countries.
FTD. Working since 1910, this is one of the oldest online flower shops in the USA. They apply local florists’ network and arrange a delivery based on the nearest location.
Amazon. This famous company has an on-demand flower delivery focused on bringing fresh flowers. One of the best features of Amazon is a customer rating&review system.
GOT AN IDEA? LET'S DISCUSS!
Share your project’s scope, timeline, technical requirements, business challenges, and other details you consider necessary. Our team will study them and contact you soon. Let’s make an exciting product together!